April 14, 2014 2 Comments
Yes unique times very much so, in fact to the point of a game changer of a day a lot had to have happened to do this
1) Had to be active on Twitter
2) Had to have talked at great length with some good pals who are big about American manufacturing
3) Had to have Lunch with Mr. S
4) Had to see two acts of great kindness by two very poor folks to a homeless man who had less
5) Back in a few weeks ago I had to long talk with someone about Racine’s History and followed up with reading of Racine history in the 1880-1950’s
This became well all part of a brainstorm that a new idea to carry out here in this blog that being
Racine was was once a leader in Manufacturing and innovation can you say Case or Hamilton Beach? Now not so much now we are #1-2 in unemployment we have little manufacturing here any more
Jobs in Machine shops that use to pay a living wage now pay less then $12 if you can find one at all.
How did this happen? Could anything been done? Was it fate? Bad luck? Bush’s fault? Unions? My fault?
Thinking be interesting to take a look from time to time on whole history that needs to be looked at as we became Racine in Runes