August 21, 2016 Leave a comment
Are you ready for what is coming? You know you want it after all you been fucked by :
Machinery Row ( Wait til you hear the new idea AND who will pay the bills)
From the Journal Times 8/21/16
The Racine County Board on Tuesday will hear the results of a recent study centered on the possibility of constructing an arena in Racine.
Moreover, the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting mentions the possibility of a hotel in connection to the arena. On Friday, Racine County Executive Jonathan Delagrave declined to provide details about the hotel in advance of the meeting. …”
As much as Racine County Executive Jonathan Delagrave declined to provide details (and why should he he only works for us but looks like he is controlled by Mayor John Dickert)
I will speculate:
- The location is Downtown Racine thinking the old WE Energy site on Lake St
- The hotel a long time goal of Mayor John Dickert and will include a convention center thinking this be the filled in 5th St Marina that the County can not sell nor has found any interest in. What better way to dispose of a White Elephant then sell it to the tax payers?
- The Sports arena will include an indoor Ice rink something else a long time goal of the Downtown Racine crowd wants badly maybe something called for in the Root Works plan
- The Ice rink we will be told would be used by An NHL farm team we will be told would be moved or started in Racine
- That the convention center of course would be ran by the same company Venu Works that only loss 300K last year and has trouble filling the Festival Hall in Racine
- the cost (about say 50 Million) would be split between The City of Racine County of Racine and forced loans I mean donations from the Racine Business community
That local Sport player (s) from Racine we will be told will buy naming rights, to honor another local sports hero.
- That there are a few 100K in grants to kick the project off (and pay the developer?)
Of course the report will say there is a HUGE need for a Sports Complex and Hotel/Convention center. We will be told that many from Chicago would come to Racine to see the Sports team Ice Skate then spend $$ in Downtown Racine, after all just go downtown and see all the cars from IL, and the line of cars coming to Racine on Hwy 11 to visit this Hell hole I mean great city.
Now how will Machinery Row impact this when new details on that project comes out?
Overall just know your not taxed enough and need to pay more to allow the pals of John Dickert to make money off you now be good and bend over because its coming